Saturday, November 29, 2008

Will you dance with me?

Last Wednesday, when we were at Carpe Diem picking the kids up, Teacher Debbie asked if Asri and I wanted to participate in the children's concert by doing a Waltz number. I thought why not, it seems fun. Asri agreed because he doesn't know what Waltz actually is. He thought it is just a simple dance. Haha.

For the next 2 days, we've got cold feet. We viewed some Waltz video from you-Tube and decided that it was too daunting for us! So I called Teacher Debbie on Friday morning to tell her that we are withdrawing ourselves from the dance. Too late, our request was rejected as our names were printed on the program sheet! Darn!

I was nervous for the entire day. I tried to search for an appropriate dress to wear but to no avail. I tried to think of a hundred and one excuses but met with no success. Asri says it's ok, we go up on stage to entertain people and have fun ourselves.

And we did, it was kinda fun. We concentrated on planning our moves and me just following his steps. We really enjoyed ourselves for that mere 6 minutes.

I am very proud to have such a sporting husband. I know of many who would not even appear on stage, let alone dance. He took it in good sport and I'm glad we did it. Haha.

And we are very proud of Kyan's performance too. He was so excited to see us and I know he knows that we are very proud of him!

No comments: