Sunday, April 20, 2008

Upset...

I've been giving tuition to this friend's child since beginning of this year. Recently, I do feel the strain as it's quite tiring to have this additional tuition after work at the centre. If I take cab home after this tuition, I can get home by 15 minutes - 8.15pm. But if I do that, which is always the case, I really don't earn anything at all. However if I take a bus back, then it's an hour before I get home-9pm and that's really late cos I can't really spend much time with the kids.

So I've decided to drop this tuition, but I'll still continue till SA1 which is like2 weeks later. So I smsed my friend on Friday, telling her that.

Just today I received an sms from her saying that I need not go for tuition anymore as she has found a tutor for her kid.

I was shocked. Just like that? She said that the new tutor will continue where I have left off.

I mean, it's really quite strange to stop tuition in the middle of revision, with just 2 more weeks to exams. Many questions were running through my mind - Did she think that I didn't do a good job with her kid? Was she angry that I had wanted to stop tuition just like that?

I know my conscience is clear- I have always given my best and I know I had done what I'm supposed to do. Perhaps my best wasn't good enough? I feel so upset, so disturbed.

Asri says to forget it cos my efforts were not appreciated. I really don't know what to say. Well, one thing's for sure, I'll never tutor any of my friend's kids again. It takes far too much effort to please both parent and making sure the child understands what you teach. And worse, not getting appreciated.

Maybe I'm just being paranoid and reading too much into this but that's how I feel right now.



No comments: