Sunday, August 17, 2008

Rayden's progress thus far

Little Rayden is not so little anymore. He's growing so rapidly that I know I'm going to miss his baby stage!

He loves to eat! Everything and anything except baby food like porridge and biscuits and bread. Oh, he doesn't like durians too. I wonder why. He eats sweet stuff ranging from sweets, cakes, ice-cream to all kinds of other desserts. He even savours Mentos Mint! He enjoys food like nasi padang, nasi briyani and roti prata! Practically anything and everything that is.

He LOVES balls. He loves to throw and kick balls. He even concentrates on ball games oon TV, now that Olympics is on, he'll glance at the TV now and then and watch the games!

His vocab so far:
1) ball
2) bear
3) baby
4) star
5) daddy
6) gor-gor
7) Ma
8) Yi
9) mum-mum
10) no more
11) where
12) oh oh
13) shoe
14) bird
15) bread

I think he's progressing at a faster speed than Kyan used to. Well, maybe he learns a lot from his brother. He loves Kyan. He'll look for him first thing in the morning when he wakes up. He adores Kyan when he plays with him but he loves to snatch from Kyan his toys too. That's when Kyan will either scold him or whine to us that Didi has taken his stuff. He loves to sayang Gor-gor also. He's just so cute.

He can walk pretty steadily now. He'll wander away on his own if you leave him outside. I guess he's also amazed by the things he can see and touch on his own.

Seeing how the two boys get along, I feel very contented. Seeing how Kyan takes care of his brother by entertaining him when I'm in the shower, I feel touched. Brotherly love does exist at such young age. I am happy. Will I try for a girl next? I do not know.

No comments: